Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lagoon . . . It's What Fun Is!: Bounceback Edition

In childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking out. In memories of childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking in.Robert Brault

We had such a fun time at Lagoon earlier this summer that we decided to do it again. Well, maybe not so much “we” as “I.” And maybe not so much “decided” as “forced.” It's been a couple of weeks, but we bounced back and had another fun day on the park {whether “we” wanted to or not}.

This time we met some cousins there. The kids took turns riding with each other, depending on who wanted to do what. We split up for some of the time and played together for some of the time and pretty much had a really great time together doing pretty much everything we wanted.

We found lots of ways to stay cool. LadyBug and Grasshopper splashed in the fountains

And we rode the rapids.

And I really enjoyed the gardens. I'm seriously considering a career as a grounds keeper at an amusement park. Getting paid to do my equivalent of meditation sounds like a pretty dreamy job to me.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

When I was in Jr High in Idaho Falls, the Honor Society would take a day trip to Lagoon each May, stopping at Maddox on the way home. (Sadly, I associate Lagoon with hot-dogs and motion sickness.)