Friday, March 9, 2012

Favourite Things Friday: A Do-Nothing-Day

We all need empty hours in our lives or we will have no time to create or dream. –Robert Coles

Today was a do-nothing-day. Regular days are full of making lunches and taking the Little Bugs to school, work, making dinner and helping kids with homework, dishes and laundry. If there is enough time {and energy} left, then I do some sewing. Today, there was still the making of the lunches and the taking of the Little Bugs to school. There was still making dinner. But in between those things, there was no where I had to be and nothing I had to do. After I got the kids off to school, I enjoyed the quietude while catching up on blogs and organizing my digital pictures. When Mr. Bug came home from work, we had a pleasant lunch and then he went to bed and the house was quiet again. I spent an inordinate amount of time puttering around, doing things that needed doing, and putting together a couple of packages that I've been needing to get out in the mail. It was nice not to be in a hurry for a change. After school, LadyBug was invited to play at a friend's house and I was so glad that I had no where to be and nothing to do so that I could take her and pick her up. Grasshopper wanted to invite a friend over here and as it happened, I didn't have to be anywhere so he could do that too.

Sometimes life is nice at a quieter pace. Today was one of those days.

Now, if you'll excuse me please, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my do-nothing-day with some sewing.

Today's post brought to you by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My day was nothing like that. However, after reading this post, I am at such peace!

Thank you for this !!! Happy Weekend.

QuiltNut Creations said...

sounds like a great day!

Paulette said...

I felt relaxed just reading that. I love days like that. I'm glad you got to enjoy a "do nothing day."

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

My do nothing days are always filled with lists and lists of to-do lists that don't allow me to do nothing at all. But then again when there is nothing to do, my body says sleep. I would rather stay busy than sleep the day away. Glad you got to relax and do nothing though. As for me....I will be working another 12 hours today.

whimsyfox said...

sweet! so glad you got to enjoy a day like that. I know they are few and far between.

Becky said...

Sigh. That just sounds like the perfect day to me. So glad you were able to kick back just a little and enjoy it.

Shay said...

I love days like this where you can just potter around and do what you like. They are so relaxing. I usually end up staying in my pyjamas all day.

Im so pleased you got to enjoy one!

Marg said...

Days like that are bliss. Sounds like it will be a nice day for you.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is lovely to have a day that is unhurried. I am sure we achieve more than on the crazy chase your tail days. Glad you found some stitching time. Peace and quiet a special favourite.