Monday, March 26, 2012

Poultry In Motion: Chicken Cherry Checkers

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola
I don't need to try to explain
I just hold on tight and If it happens again
I may move so slightly to the arms
And the lips and the face
Of The Human Cannonball that
I need to I want to
–Savage Garden, I Want You

Those could quite possibly be the strangest song lyrics ever.

I was just going to call this table runner Poultry In Motion: Welcome {the fabric line is called Poultry in Motion, which I thought was very clever}. But that is just boring. I tried to come up with something a little catchier, but it just got weird. I went from Chickens & Cherries to Chickens, Cherries & Checks. That reminded me of the phrase in the Savage Garden song, "chica cherry cola," {which sounds deceptively close to "chicken cherry cola," which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.} Anyway, there you have it. That's how I arrived at Poultry In Motion: Chicken Cherry Checkers. And why I have an earworm.

That is quite possibly the goofiest table runner name ever. But it was a fun to make. And now you all have an earworm too.



Today's post brought to you by:


My 2012 Finishes Little Quilt Monday

11 comments:

Gina Loomis said...

I like the name and the table runner looks great!!!

Paulette said...

That is a good name! Before I even got a quarter into this post, though, I was thinking of the lyrics from that BNL song, "One Week." Chickity China, the Chinese chicken..you have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'...

Okay, I'm weird that way. But now you can have a different earworm: http://youtu.be/snZcn3Qt1xI

Paulette said...

This is a better link and way more fun! (PS - I love Ed Robertson.)
http://youtu.be/69cR9J-V-Qg

Shay said...

Rocking the Aussie music there E ...I have lots of Savage Garden CD's and I was devastated when they called it quits...

Henrietta said...

Love the name, the song and the table runner! :)

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

I love the tablerunner, and the name for it!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful runner with all the stitching you did! Cute name too, thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Sue Daurio said...

great song, great runner. I love chickens that that runner rocks!

cgammeter said...

Hi Elizabeth: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. Stop by and be friend, too.
I love the "Poultry in Motion" clever name, it's wonderful, having grown up on a farm, I love barnyard animals.
Thanks for sharing, love your blog title, by the way.

elizabeth said...

What a fun table runner! Great names often come from songs : )

Jill said...

Cute Runner!
When I was a kid, someone ALWAYS requested this song when we went roller skating, so that's what it reminds me of. Roller skating. Oh, and stomps after school.
Totally love Savage Garden.