Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Memories Part I: Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand

What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

This Christmas we're making memories instead of collecting more stuff that we have to find places for. Oh, I have a few good surprises in store for the big day. There'll be a few pretty good presents under the tree. In the meantime, we're spending time together and spreading the Christmas cheer across the whole month. Our first stop on the 2013 Christmas Memories tour was the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband Christmas Concert tonight.

If you ever have a chance to see Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, do it. They put on a really great show, despite tonight's reviews from most of the residents at Bug Cottage. Grasshopper maintains that he smiled once, but it was painful. When we asked LadyBug what she though, she said, "eh," even though I saw her clapping along and laughing at their antics. And Mr. Bug said he went for me {sidebar: my enthusiasm embarrasses him at concerts so he gets double points}, but I saw a pretty content smile on his face as he watched. Despite what they say, I know that they all secretly had a good time. As for me, I had an awesome time.

I thought I'd share a little bit of the Christmas Mayhem with you. You can see the band performing live on a local radio station here, but I picked this video to share with you because the sound is a little better and lyrics are actually quite clever.


However you choose to celebrate the season, I hope you're off to a good start!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I heard the ad on the radio this weekend and thought of you. Glad you got to go.

Mary said...

Being it is just two of us at home, we are reading a Christmas story each night of December. We will attend a Band Concert with 2 Grandson playing, a performance of the Nutcracker Ballet that 2 Granddaughters are in, plus a few Devotionals with Church to get us in the TRUE spirit of Christmas.Gotta make our own memories...I've not heard of this band thanks for sharing.

Shay said...

What a wonderful way to start your Christmas festivities.

Of course the other Bugs enjoyed it ...theyre just reigning in their excitement because it isnt cool to be overtly excited.