Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Appliquéd Heart

A while back I did a couple of appliquéd onesies as baby gifts. I was inspired by the appliqué on a beautiful pillow by Little Miss Shabby. Here's another little bit of appliqué I did using that technique. It was so quick and easy and because I put the heart on a ready-made canvas apron, I'm not sure if I'm going to count is as an official finish. But I did want to show it because I love how it turned out. After looking at it, I realize it would like to pull off the dingy looking bias tape that they used to finish the edges on the apron and make my own bias finish with this same fun fabric, but I only have a fat eighth of it -- definitely not enough to go all the way around the apron or do ties. I may have to see if I have something else that will work, and do that though. Then I really could count it as a finish.

The apron is for a girl from our ward {LDS-speak for parish or congregation} who is serving a mission in Texas. I work {LDS-speak for volunteer} in the Primary {LDS-speak for children's Sunday School} and this missionary was one of our best and sweetest teachers before she left. So, we had all the kids sign the apron and we're sending it to her so she'll know that we're thinking of her while she's gone. I hope that she enjoys it!

2 comments:

Shay said...

I'm sure she'll love it. the applique is really sweet. (I'd be counting it as a finish )

coley said...

Oh lizzie! I'm sure she'll treasure it always.