Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pink & Brown Abbey Bag: A Finish

Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. –John Cotton Dana

I have another finish for January. I used the leftover fabrics from my Pinwheel Sampler to make this scrappy Pink & Brown Abbey Bag. I know. Another one? I’m slightly obsessed with making cute things. You might say I'm into serial sewing. If one is good, then nine is better, right :crazy:? This little cutie went to Shay over at Quilting in my Pyjamas. I really love the way these finish up so quickly. The first time I made one, LadyBug remarked, you made that fast. And she was right. You can put one together in an afternoon. It is really fun and rewarding to watch them come together. And they always turn out so cute!

Today's post brought to you by:

My 2011 Finishes

7 comments:

Marg said...

I have been eyeing these off on previous posts, they are so good, thank you for posting the tutorial, it's great.

Shay said...

That's MY bag! It's like seeing yourself on TV. I got all excited.

I could never have made this half as beautifully as you did E - so Im doubly appreciative now that I can see all the little details that make up the whole gorgeous project.

Just gave you a shoutout on the same post I wrote about my gifts on.

Barb said...

That is just awesome, thanks so much for the tutorial...can't wait to get my stash and make some.

Lee said...

Thank you for the tutorial and link to get the pattern! It is so cute!

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. I've had this pattern and the fabric for quite sometime. I guess it's time to get it out and make it,

Angie said...

Is that your way of saying "you guys got an apron last year, this year you are making your own...here's how?" lol

Paulette said...

Gosh, what a wonderful tutorial, Elizabeth! I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into these. That Abby bag is so cute, and so handy too!