Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Did You Miss Me?

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. –Lin Yutang

I'll bet you didn't even know I was gone. Late Thursday night I took the Little Bugs and went to my sister's in-law's house. Then very, very early Friday morning, we left the Little Bugs and all their Bug Cousins to the care of my sister's husband and his parents. We hopped on a flight to Long Beach, California. And when we finally caught the connection to Sacramento, we spent a whirlwind 48 hours with family and friends. You see, our cousin was getting married.

This wasn't just any old wedding, though. This was a special wedding and kind of a big deal. This was a temple wedding. Thomas S. Monson said this about temples, Temples are places where relationships are sealed together to last through the eternities. This was the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. I was so glad I got to go.

The wedding was on Saturday and we stayed in California through Sunday night. My dear friend, Wanda put us up for the weekend and we were able to get together with Iris for lunch. It was a really lovely weekend, about which I will tell you more soon. The first order of business upon arriving home late Sunday night/early Monday morning, was to get some sleep. The second order of business was to catch up on work and laundry and family and rest. The suitcases are all put away and the laundry is, well, at a manageable level now. But I think I'm going to bed a bit early tonight so the retelling of my adventure will have to wait.

5 comments:

Wanda said...

No matter where you go there is still no place like home!

Shay said...

Weddings are always wonderful (unless there is a shotgun and a crying bride involved and I'm assuming that wasn't the case here !)
Im looking forward to all the details. The bride looks gorgeous and they both look so happy!

Lane said...

Did you fly with your scissors? Any troubles with that? Glad you had a good time. Sometimes a short escape can be a wonderful thing. Lane

Michelle said...

Sounds like a beautiful weekend. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.

QuiltNut Creations said...

looks(sounds) like a fabulous weekend. your cousin is beautiful!