Monday, October 24, 2011

Sudoku!

If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is.
–John Louis von Neumann



Over the past five months, I've been teaching a quilting class for a few ladies who attend the same church as I do. Once a month, we get together and work on our Sudoku quilts. We're approaching the finish line, and I'm really excited about it. It has been so fun to see each of the quilts emerge. The fabric combinations these ladies picked are really amazing. I took my camera to class on Saturday, but my batteries were dead. The time before that, I forgot the memory card :rolleyes:. I took pictures of my finished quilt top when I got home, and besides mine, there are four finished quilt tops and four quilt tops minus the borders. Next month, I'm going to make sure the memory card is in the camera and the batteries are charged the night before so I can show you all the fun we've been having.


I really like how this quilt came out. I pulled the fabrics for the nine patches and sashing from my stash and then bought the stripe for the borders, back and binding. It was a lot of fun to be able to put a quilt top together mostly from fabrics I have on hand.

I even got a bit of quilting time in. I'm a little rusty, but it was fun!

Here's my tag. I forgot to take a picture of it before I started quilting and there's not much left of it after I blanked out the confidential information. But you get the idea.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely quilt...I know you are having fun teaching these ladies

Paulette said...

Awesome Sudoku quilt, Elizabeth! I like your fabric choices and colors, and the quilting is fabulous (scratching my head about that...do you do it freehand or mark it? quilt each block separately or are they connected?) And your perfectly matched stripes on the mitered borders--excellent!

QuiltNut Creations said...

very pretty! I love the quilting.