Wednesday, April 4, 2012

40 Before 40

Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.
–Lowell Thomas


About a month ago, I posted a partial list of 40 things I'd like to do before I turn 40. The idea came from Pink, who is working on her 30 Before 30. Of course, you don't have to be turning one of those “oh” birthdays to do this. You can do it at whatever age you are, from one birthday to the next {obviously, I'm a bit behind, which is normal :rolleyes:.

I finally got my list together, and although there are only 32 main things on the list, some of those things include multiple things to complete. To make it to the official 40 things mark, I'm counting each of the eight quilts I want to finish as individual things, even though they are listed as one group thing. It's my list, so I'm pretty sure I make the rules. I threw in a couple of bonus Ph.D quilts so I'd have options and possibly be motivated to get more than eight quilts finished.

My list graphic took almost as long to create as it did to write the actual list. I like how it turned out and it was fun to review. I'm definitely going to have to print this out and put it where I can see it, because I'd already forgotten some of the things on the list. Some of the things on the list are long shots, but I think that for the most part, it is do-able. I've checked a few things off and have plans in the works for a few more.

It is going to be a busy year.

6 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Your list is adorable!!! And a lot of things to accomplish - it's great to have goals to keep us focused :*)

pinksuedeshoe said...

great list!

Anonymous said...

Great list!

This is getting me thinking. I now have about 50 weeks until I turn 40, so if I'm going to make a list, I'd better get it done quickly.

Rachel said...

Since my birthday is in less than 3 months I think I will contemplate a list and have it ready to go...LOL...thanks for the inspiration!

Paulette said...

Love seeing your list in this graphic! Good luck checking them off!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Great list!