Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Elmo, Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?

Play! Play! Elmo wants to play! –Elmo, as quoted by Caroll Spinney in The Wisdom of Big Bird (and the Dark Genius of Oscar the Grouch): Lessons from a Life in Feathers

Three-and-a-half-year-old Elmo Monster lives on the third floor of the 123 Sesame Street apartment building with his parents, Louie and Mae Monster, and his baby sister, Daisy. He loves to ask questions, color, sing, and care for Dorothy, his pet goldfish.


Voiced by the 52 year-old, 6' tall, deep-voiced Kevin Clash, Elmo is the most recognizable children's character in the United States. He's been a regular part of Sesame Street since 1985. Michelle Thompson has captured him perfectly in her pattern, available at Fandom in Stitches.

I may have lost my marbles, starting a new quilt when I already have so many other things going on. I woke up with the idea in my head a few days ago and couldn't get it out of my mind. I pulled out my stash of Moda Marbles and got to work. I bought them almost three years ago for another project that is still waiting to be worked on. I'll eventually get back to it, but in the meantime, it makes me happy to use these fabrics in something so fun!

I guess I didn't lose my marbles after all :wink:.

More Fun Elmo Facts:
Full name: Elmo Monster
Scientific name: Furrius childus
Age:
Birthday: February 3
Favorite song: “Elmo's Song”
Favorite expression: “Elmo loves you!”
Best friend: Zoe
Pet: Dorothy the Goldfish
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite fruit: banana
Favorite game: tag
Favorite sports: Rollerblading, miniature golf
Favorite hobbies: playing piano, tap dancing
Dislikes: Brussels sprouts
Awards: Won the longest giggle award on the Golden Grover Awards

Pattern by Michelle Thompson
Piece Count: 122
Block Size: 10"
Fabrics:
Moda Marbles: Lipstick, Key Lime & California Orange
Kona Cotton: Snow & Black

8 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness - my little grandson just loves Elmo! Thanks for leading me to this wonderful website with so many cute patterns!

hardhatcat said...

A true quilter always seems to have several projects on the go at once!

Paulette said...

Wow, that's AMAZING! Your paper piecing is so beautiful, Elizabeth.

Have you seen the documentary "Being Elmo" that's been playing on PBS's Independent Lens program this week? Okay, I admit that I have not been a big Elmo fan, but I was totally engrossed in the film about Kevin Clash and have much respect and admiration for him (and Elmo) after seeing that.

Barb said...

What an awesome blog...just love elmo!

Cherie said...

Wow impressive! It looks so lifelike! =D

Shay said...

Little P would go positively nuts if I made him something like this. Elizabeth it's just FANTASTIC!

QuiltNut Creations said...

just too adorable!

whimsyfox said...

so, so cute! is he going to hang on the wall by himself or is there lots more to your master plan?