Thursday, July 18, 2013

Feelin' Groovy

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

–Paul Simon, 59th Street Bridge Song


Once upon a time, I fell in love with Pat Bravo's Indie fabric line. I was so in love that I bought a half-yard of every print. And I decided to share the love. I gave away a fat quarter bundle. I made some Stitchy Kits, one to keep and one to give away. And then I made a Folded Fabric Star tote bag to tote my Stitchy Kit and stitching projects around in. Lori Holt, designer of the Stitchy Kit left me a comment on the post about that. I love it when famous people comment on my little blog. Ryan Tilby, bass player from Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband left me a comment once. It was awesome. Then he came back and commented again. But that's not the point of this story.

Just over a week ago, lightning struck again. Pat Bravo left me a sweet comment and invited me to enter her Groovy Instagram Contest. I was so flattered. I signed right up for Instagram and spent the next day fiddling around with it and entering my tote bag and Sitchy Kit ensemble in Pat's contest. There were 85 entries. She announced two winners on July 8th and on Monday she announced two more winners.

A half-yard bundle of Pat's newest line, Carnaby St in the Cool Peace colorway is on its way to me. The happy thing about a half-yard cut of fabric is that there is enough to share. And fabric this good is meant to be shared. Just sayin' :wink:.

Thank you, Pat, for a really fun contest. And thank you for making the world a little more beautiful.

5 comments:

Shay said...

Congrats on the win E. Even more special is that you had contact with the designer !

mom said...

Way to win! I love Simon and Garfunkel! and going back to Ryan and the Rubber Band makes me want to go watch Brigham City. What a great twist it has just enough supense for me! But I am afraid I am taking the afternoon too easy!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love that line! I just finished my x+ quilt with Carnaby Street, and named it "Feeling Groovy"- it's linked in your July party! It's just goes perfectly with the feel of the fabrics! Have fun with it!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Lorna McMahon said...

Thanks for sharing this! It makes me happy for you.... And that is a groovy feeling, too!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Paulette said...

I'm so happy to hear you won! Congratulations, and I can't wait to see what becomes of your fabric winnings!