Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fabulous Fandom Mash-Up

Mash-up: noun, a creative combination or mixing of content from different sources

Fandom in Stitches is a really fun site that hosts lots and lots of {free} patterns for all kinds of fandoms. You can find Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Disney Princesses. That is where I got the patterns for the Sesame Street quilt I'm working on, and where lots of Twilight patterns, including the few I've designed, are hosted.

Jennifer, the owner/editor/designer of Fandom in Stitches, announced a little mash-up challenge last month. The rules were simple; choose any Fandom In Stitches pattern and make it into a project for a different fandom than originally intended.

I didn't think much about it, until just before the entry period closed and one of the Twi-Quilters suggested that I submit something I'd already done. The wheels in my brain started to turn and I realized that I had two other things I could submit. So, I did.

Voting is going on now through the 7th, over at Fandom in Stitches. Go. Have a look. And vote :wink:. There are so many clever mash-ups over there, so don't feel like you have to vote for me. If I weren't voting for myself, I would probably vote for this one.

1 comment:

Paulette said...

I really love your Isle Esme piece. Fun to see all the submissions. The stitched Tardis is pretty cool too.

I just got a little lost in your Flickr photostream. You do such beautiful work!