Monday, October 4, 2010

Cat's Twilight Block of the Month: Block 6

The wolf closest to me, the reddish brown one, turned its head slightly at the sound of my gasp.

The wolf's eyes were dark, nearly black. It gazed at me for a fraction of a second, the deep eyes seeming too intelligent for a wild animal.

As it stared at me, I suddenly thought of Jacob. –Bella Swan, New Moon, page 244


I'm slowly closing the gap, getting caught up with Cat's Twilight Mystery Block of the Month. July's focus was Jacob. The beginner's block is the same as the previous two months; a heart, this time in Jacob-y colors. I used Fairy Frost in Coin for Jacob's russet colored heart.

I'm a very visual person, so I thought it would be fun to see how all the blocks I've finished look together. I'll probably put a black sashing between them with red setting squares at the corner, but I haven't decided for sure.

The advanced block for July is the cutest wolf block. Which presents a bit of a dilemma for me. As I mentioned when I posted my May block, I already had my layout decided on when Cat announced her BOM. I'd chosen to use her paw print to represent the part of Jacob who is Bella's friend, who she loves. And I chose Jennifer Ofenstein's Howling Wolf block {pattern here} to represent the part of Jacob that Bella can't stand, the pushy, obnoxious, moronic DOG! {Eclipse, page 332} Cat's wolf is too sweet to represent the angry, hurt side of Jacob and I've already got the paw print done for the nice side of Jacob, so to keep my pile of orphaned Twilight blocks from growing, I'm going to have to go with common sense and leave this wolf block out of my quilt.

Perhaps I'll do a wolf pack wall hanging sometime {after I finished the 572 other things I'm working on}, making the wolves in their different colors {yeah, I'm gonna list them all :rolleyes:}:
Sam {black}
Paul {dark silver}
Jared {medium brown}
Embry {gray w/spots}
Jacob {russet}
Quil {deep chocolate brown}
Leah {silver}
Seth {sandy brown}
Collin {?}
Brady {?}

2 comments:

Shay said...

You're completely on a roll with this quilt. Have you been eating weeties for breakfast or something. You're on fire girl!

Regina said...

I'm going to be so sad when your Twilight quilt is finished. I love seeing all your new blocks.