Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Must Ask . . . What's Your Favorite Dessert?

Chocolate is an antidepressant, which is especially useful as you start to gain weight. –Jason Love

I was worried there, for a minute, that appetizers were going to win, but desserts pulled it off at the last minute. Which is good, because this week's poll wouldn't be as much fun if more people didn't like dessert, because today, I must ask . . . what's your favorite dessert? This is kind of a broad topic and a bit hard to nail down in a poll, but I'm going to give it a shot.

To be honest, I'm not sure what my favorite dessert is :confused:. This one is kind of like picking a favorite color. Each different dessert has its merits. I always love ice cream. It just makes me happy. But then again, I love a good piece of chocolate cake. And cheesecake is delicious. I really love flan {or pudim de leite} because it reminds me of Brasil. But who can say no to a good slice of pie. Or a cobbler. Or a cookie. Or two. I suppose that if I had to narrow it down any further, I'd pick anything with chocolate in it, as long as it doesn't have nuts in it. I'm not a big fan of nuts {or raisins} in my dessert. But I also love fruity desserts and would definitely pick cobbler or pie over chocolate mousse or chocolate cream pie. I think it is no use trying to pick a favorite. I'm a hopeless dessert-a-holic {recipe index here}.

On a completely unrelated subject, thank you all for putting up with my little whine. Whoever sent the cheese basket, it was perfect! Shay, I always love your comments and it was very sweet of you to wave at my mum. Michelle, that is not TMI; hormones are definitely a migraine trigger. P., I tried your technique when I went to bed last night. It probably would have helped if I'd have been more patient with it. I couldn't get comfortable, so I gave up. Ann Marie, I've never tried Aleve for a migraine before. Excedrin has always been my go-to drug. I'll remember that for next time. Mom, I did try a Coke. I've had it work before, but not this time. And when you ask if I've seen a doctor about this, do you mean recently?

I feel kind of at loose ends, like I've forgotten to do something really important today, like pay the electric bill or put on pants. I keep wondering what is missing. I think it just might be the headache.

3 comments:

Paulette said...

I am like you, it's impossible to pick just one thing. I admit I have never had flan but the fact that it's a dessert must mean it's good. As you know, my dessert eating days are few and far between recently, but I will never NOT like dessert.

You still have a headache? Maybe it's time for a trip to the ER for an IV drip? Sorry my suggestion didn't work (it didn't always for me either, but it usually helped with general muscle tension and most of the time I would fall asleep and wake up feeling better). Anyway, hope you're doing better.

Shay said...

I cant resist a good lemon cheesecake or citrus tart. Otherwise I can probably take dessert or leave it. Yes- I am a weirdo.

Jennifer Lovell said...

I'm glad to hear you love flan. I love it too, because it reminds me of Spain. I voted for cookies as my favorite dessert. Can't resist them, ever. I also "like" probably every other dessert on your list, although pie, cobbler, and cake are lower on my list (unless it's just the right kind of cake--uber moist with the perfect frosting...I love frosting).

And sorry I missed your last poll, but if your question was in reference to a restaurant meal, I may have actually voted for appetizers : ). I do love restaurant desserts, but I'm usually too full to appreciate them. Whatever I can eat when I'm the most hungry (appetizers) tastes the best. Which is why I sometimes like having just one or two cookies before dinner : )!