Monday, October 3, 2011

Cat's Twilight Block of the Month: Block 11

. . . The Sitka spruces and the hemlocks, the yews and the maples. I only vaguely knew the names of the trees around me, and all I knew was due to Charlie pointing them out to me from the cruiser window in earlier days. –Bella Swan Twilight, page 136


This is the beginner's block for month 11 and I really loved putting this one together. I raided my stash of Fairy Frost for the trees. I used a different color for each one, because in nature, no two trees are exactly the same shade of green. I love how it came out.

The advanced block is La Push: First Beach, which is a block I've been dying to do since I became aware of Cat's awesome patterns. I'm including that block in my Twilight quilt, so I'm going to post it separately, later today.

Today's post brought to you by:

2 comments:

Shay said...

I love the colours and shapes in this block. It's one of my favourites in the quilt.

Wanda said...

That Fairy Frost is so fun! Love the trees in it!