Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Twilight Quilt: The Cullen's, the River & the Cottage

Edward took my hand . . . and darted through the backyard to the edge of the river. -Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn, page 409

[Alice] dropped my arm, made two lithe bounds, and leaped over the river.

'C'mon, Bella,' she called from the other side. -Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn, page 474

I haven't worked on my Twilight Quilt much as of late. I was a little discouraged with the floating porch on the Cullen's House. So, I've slowed down my pace a little and worked on other things. I finally decided it was time for some renovations. I added supports under the pillars, which hopefully anchor the porch. It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, but who really relishes the task of unpicking anyway?

I had all the other pieces for this panel put together and so I only needed to put them all together; the Cullen's House, a bit of forest*, the river, more forest* and Bella and Edward's cottage. Click on the photo for a closer look.


This panel occupies the space for three blocks, plus the sashing in between.

The Cullen's House Pattern

*Key: 1 Paper Pieced Tree = 500 Trees in the Forks Forest

4 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

the houses are fantastic Elizabeth. i can't get over how many pieces they are!

whimsyfox said...

Extremely cute!!! I'm jealous of this and now want to change mine....but I wont because I don't want to lose the sashing & backgrounds I used for them. Your houses turned out fantastic!

coley said...

Wow, it's coming along great! (inseret clapping hands) ;)

Jennifer Lovell said...

LOVE these houses. Love, love, love. LOVE.

Love, the Lovells ; )