Friday, March 19, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along: block four


Here are my blocks for part four of the pinwheel quilt-along. This block was really fun and simple to create. You can find the instructions at p.s. i quilt: pinwheel sampler quilt along: block four. I decided that instead of using half-square triangles I would use flying geese. I used Patti Anderson's instructions for No Waste Flying Geese. Her instructions make four geese; perfect for this block. Here is my first fabric combination, although it isn't really a combination since it is just one fabric. Jerri Lynn sent me this fabulous Robert Kaufman FQ for my birthday. This block had it's name written all over it. I love how it turned out.



Here is my second block. This one turned out very sweet too.


Half-way done!

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the polka dots! pink/brown is one of my favorite combos.

Jennifer Lovell said...

My mom made a pinwheel pattern quilt when I was a kid, it was very special. I still like to look at it (the pattern) and think of her. It will be fun to see yours when it's all done.