Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Announced today on Stephenie Meyer's web-site, a new book will be coming out on June 5, 2010. The book is titled The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella. From Stephenie's web-site:

This story was something that I worked on off and on for a while, just for fun, in between the times I was writing or editing other Twilight novels. Later, when the concept for The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide came up, I thought that might be a good place for Bree. Her story is a nice complement to Eclipse; it explains a lot of the things that Bella never knew. So I dusted it off and finished it up for placement in the Guide.

Then I got the news: my "short story" was nearly 200 pages long when typeset. It was too long to fit into the Guide—without ending up with a tome as heavy as the Oxford English Dictionary. My publisher approached me with the idea of releasing the Bree story on its own. One of the major benefits of this plan was that it would be out before the movie, so people would get to know Bree before they saw her in the film. That made sense to me, and we decided to go ahead with it.
The book is available for pre-order from Amazon for a GREAT price, with $1.00 of each purchase going to the American Red Cross. It will also be available for free (yes, really!) at BreeTanner.com from June 7 to July 5, 2010.


1 comment:

Jennifer Lovell said...

Well that's pretty cool. But, I don't remember Bree...is she a new character for this book, to give a new perspective to the story, or was she mentioned in Eclipse and I just don't remember?