Friday, May 14, 2010

Dancing With the Stars

Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts, because it is not mere translation or abstraction from life; it is life itself. -Havelock Ellis

I love to watch Dancing With the Stars. It just makes me smile. I love the music and the movement and the expression. I
love to dance too (although my dancing shoes are pretty dusty these days). I think it would be totally awesome if they'd pair up office managers and stay-at-home-moms and gas station attendants with the pro dancers for Dancing With the Regulars to see who comes out on top. It would be the perfect thing to liven up the boring schedule of re-runs they play all summer. I would totally go for it. I think I'd like to be paired up with Tony Dovolani or Derek Hough or maybe Louis van Amstel. I have the perfect place for that Mirror Ball Trophy.

This week, each of the five couples was assigned a dance which were paired up with an era to be represented within that style. Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough were assigned the Paso Doble and drew the 1950's. Derek said . . . '50's and Paso . . . it's like . . . imPASOble. Derek is a very talented dancer and choreographer and Nicole is right in step with him. This is one of the most incredible dances I've seen on Dancing With the Stars. Just watch the magic.


P.S. Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels. -Faith Whittlesey

2 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

fun! Hey--when did you start watching this show? last I knew, you didn't like any kind of reality shows. I would actually call this a "competition show", just because a lot of people are sick of reality shows, but anyway...I think I need to start watching this show sometime. My 2 favorite shows are competition shows (The Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance), and I know I would love this one too. That was definitely a fun routine, but I bet it would be even more fun if you knew their personalities.

Paulette said...

Wow, that IS really incredible! Thanks for sharing this.