Thursday, May 27, 2010

Snowball Night

What makes resisting temptation difficult for many people is they don't want to discourage it completely. -Franklin P. Jones



The temptation of something new and shiny and a little peer pressure has once again melted my resolve not to start any new projects until I finish a few of the old ones. What can I say? I've totally got Obsessive Creative Disorder (as well as Obsessive Cullen Disorder, but that is another post). If you're interested in working on a pretty snowball quilt a bit at a time, then head on over to Sew Many Ways and check it out. Karen suggested working on a few snowball blocks one night a week and then posted pictures of some of the possibilities for the finished blocks. This layout really caught my eye and I decided that I'm going to work with my stash to make something bright and cheerful. I'm also looking forward to having a quilt to work on my free-motion technique and do an all-over stipple pattern on when I'm finished. I haven't worked out when my snowball night will be, but think it sounds like a really fun project to work on.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Yay! This is going to be so much fun.

(even though I haven't started yet !)

And I don't think you can blame me for your OCD. (creative or otherwise) Peer pressure indeed!

Michelle said...

Ack! Your the second one who has blogged about this. I'm covering my eyes! I just must keep saying: "I have too many WIPs already... I have too many WIPs already....

:-)

Sam said...

Thanks for the link! Obsessive Creative Disorder - LOVE IT! haha, Sam xox