Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grandma Week Day 1: The Aquatic Center

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. –Stacia Tauscher

Every year my mom invites all her grandchildren {and their parents} for a week of stay-cation fun. Our 4th annual Grandma Week got underway with a day at an indoor/outdoor aquatic center. It was a fantastic start because Kids + Water = Fun. And because most of the fun stuff is indoors, we all came home sunburn free {my favorite part}! Meet our splashy crew.

LadyBug and Grasshopper

Miss Butterfly, Cap'n Underpants, Mantis and Roly Poly Bug

Lizard Boy and Mouse {and his mom}

Pixie and Woodland Sprite {Woody for short}

Conversation overheard
Mouse: Sometimes when we were inside, I used Woody's boat.
Pixie: You should come in my boat with me. Come on. Let's go.
Mouse: Does it have a back seat?


Quote of the day
Lizard Boy: I already know how to get rock star hair. You move around in bed and it gets messy. Then you have rock star hair. Or, more likely, bed head.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

I love your quotes for this post. Especially your opening quote about noticing who our children already are. We can learn so much from them! Like important things such as how to get rock star hair...that's so funny : ).

Shay said...

I remember Grandma week last year and I think you;re having just as much fun this year. The water park looks like a blast. Cant wait to go read your other posts!

Paulette said...

Looks like so much fun!

My grandma lived right by the city pool, so swimming and visiting her went hand in hand. I kinda forgot that until I read your post.