Monday, June 20, 2011

Snowball Night: Week 55½

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there. –Josh Billings

I'm glad I didn't wait for the water soluble thread. Because I would still be waiting instead of really close to finished with the quilting.

OK, so 'really close' is a relative term. I estimate that it will take me about 6 hours to do those flourishes in the corners of the snowballs and then two or three hours on the borders, depending on what I do {I'm thinking feathers, but does anyone have any suggestions?}. When you consider that I've already spent between 23 and 25 hours on it, nine more hours is 'really close.' And with that, I'd better get back to it.

Today's post brought to you by:

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Love your quilting. I've been practicing on 12" blocks and hope to try a larger project. Maybe I will even be as good as you. Hugs.

Jennifer Lovell said...

I just think it's cool that you don't have to send your quilts away anymore to get finished by someone else. Good for you!

QuiltNut Creations said...

the quilting looks fabulous! love the flourishes. and yes, you are really close now!

Paulette said...

LOVE those little curlicues! It's looking so good. You must have the patience of a saint, and an extra measure of perseverance!

Threeundertwo said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do in the borders. Now I'm off to see what Snowball Night is! Have a great day.

Shay said...

I adore those scrolly bits! They look FABULOUS!

Michelle said...

The scrolls are SO pretty!