Monday, June 13, 2011

Various and Sundry Monday: Vol 11

Continuous effort is the key to unlocking our potential.
–Winston Churchill

Monday = Rain = Music Spot
Okay, so it wasn't as rainy as the other rainy Mondays. It was just a 10-minute shower and the sun came right out after. This is was more in line with what we expect as far as rain goes in Utah. But it is Monday and it did rain today. So I thought I'd mention it and post a song that is vaguely related.


Snowball Night: Week 54½

The ditch work is done; let the fun begin!

The water soluble thread I ordered is on back-order. I was going to use that for stitching in the ditch because I really like the stability that it provides. But with a little encouragement from Lane {and because I didn't want to wait any longer}, I decided to get to it with the quilting thread. I even did the 192 starts and stops on the diagonals on the snowballs. It took forever. But if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Right? Here's a peek at one of the blocks from the front.

Peony Lve

{First-time bloomer: Barrington Belle}

{Long-time favorite: Félix Crousse}

{First-time bloomer: Gay Paree}

500th Post
This is my 500th post. That's a lot of writing. A really lot. I'd planned to have a little something in the way of a giveaway to commemorate, but I only got to the planning stages. 500 is kind of a huge milestone, so maybe we'll commemorate after Grandma Week {which starts tomorrow} is over. Thanks for hanging in there with me, for reading and commenting and being a witness to my life.

4 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Congratulations on reaching 500 posts!After following your blog and others for some time I have finally started my own. Please come on over and visit some time.

Cheers

Linda
Taupo New Zealand

Shay said...

Happy 500th! That's really something. I've enjoyed being here for a lot of it - and have read pretty much everything I missed that you posted before I got here !

The snowball quilt is looking mighty fine and Im so proud of you for the 192 starts. You're a complete legend.

Paulette said...

Beautiful quilting, E. It's going to be gorgeous when it's all done.

Love the peonies. How in the world do you remember all those variety names?

Congrats on your 500th post!

Michelle said...

Every time you show off that snowball quilt, I want to make one! Too many UFOs though....

Really enjoyed your peonies. I had some in one place I lived and always looked for to their bloom.