Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Aprons № 102, 103 & 104: Pink Princesses

I believe in pink. –Audrey Hepburn

The Little Bugs 'drew' sisters for the cousin gift exchange on Mr. Bug's side of the family. And when I say 'drew,' I mean that I'm in charge of the exchange, so I list out all the cousins {all 30 :surprised: of them} in the order they were born in one column and then I put the same list in the next column, only I move it down one person {and then another the next year, etc.}. Then I look it over to make sure that nobody has their brother or sister and if they do, I pull those names out and do a little rearranging so that everybody gives to a cousin. This year, I tweaked the list a little bit when rearranging so nobody had a sibling to give to, because I already had fabric {bought clear back last March} and plans for pretty pink aprons for these {three} sisters. Since we only had two of the sisters in the draw, I worked out a deal with the sister-in-law whose child had the third sister, and voila. Three pink princess aprons. You can't tell in the picture, but there is a little bit of sparkle on the pink floral print in the pockets and ruffles.

Hooray for three more December finishes!

7 comments:

Wanda said...

Those are adorable! Lucky little princesses! Nothing like a cute apron to help ones attitude with kitchen work!

Shay said...

So cute Elizabeth!

I bet the girls look gorgeous.

Sarah Craig said...

What a sweet idea! Isn't it great when a plan comes together?

Ivory Spring said...

Elizabeth,

I just swooned - those aprons are absolutely darling. And the art notebooks you made are just as cute.

Michelle said...

Adorable!

Paulette said...

It's already been said, but I'll say it again--those are adorable! I bet the little girls loved them!

whimsyfox said...

Those are SO SWEET and ADORABLE!!!!!

BTW, we use ours all the time! Love them! =D