Thursday, December 23, 2010

Birthday Wishes for Mr. Bug

Believing hear, what you deserve to hear:
Your birthday as my own to me is dear...
But yours gives most; for mine did only lend
Me to the world; yours gave to me a friend.
–Martial

Dear Mr Bug,

I know it is your birthday, but the gift really goes to me and I couldn't have asked for a better gift than you. Thank you for your boundless patience. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for your acceptance. Thank you for overlooking my many, many shortcomings and weaknesses. Thank you for giving me my independence. Thank you for being my anchor. Thank you for being such a wonderful father to our children. Thank you for your optimism. In short, thank you for being you. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Love you,
Elizabeth

6 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

Happy birthday, friend Bug.

Elizabeth, I hope you two enjoy his special day together. I'm glad you have each other!

Shay said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bug!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bug!

Paulette said...

Belated birthday wishes, Mr. Bug! My husband's is the day after Christmas and I'm horrible about remembering until halfway through the day, even after all these years. May you both have a very Merry Christmas!

QuiltNut Creations said...

hope MrBug had a fabulous day!

Wanda said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Mr. Bug!