Monday, February 20, 2012

Going ‘Round in Circles

Whoever is in a hurry shows that the thing he is about is too big for him. –Lord Chesterfield

I've been doing a little quilting. I've been going ‘round and ‘round in circles. I've got all the little dots done.

And a handful of the big dots. I wanted everything about this quilt to be circles and dots and spots. The quilting inside the spots is inspired by Amber's Dot-to-Dot quilt. Don't look too closely. It is a little bit wonky. The big dots are trickier than the small ones.

I love polka-dots so much that I'm making two polka-dotted quilts. The one above, which I'm calling Seeing Spots, is a gift for a very special aunt. And I'm making one for myself. I had a few minutes to fill, so I worked on the label for that quilt and I can't wait to start putting it together.

I'm off to quilt more circles. My goal is to get this finished by the end of the week and in the mail.

[P.S. Shay, the dohickeys on the pins are Grip Covers {you can only see one in this post in the 2nd photo above}. They don't make basing more accurate, but they do make the pins easier to handle.]

14 comments:

Shay said...

I'll have to keep my eye out for those E.

I love the concentric circles you;re quilting. I think they always look so good!

Nicole said...

Your spiral quilting looks great! Do you use FMQ or a walking foot? Any tips to share?

Richard Healey said...

The dots look fantastic. I also am curious how you quilt it.

Richard Healey

Barb said...

Love love your circles!!

elizabeth said...

Oh, I also like polka dots, and your circlescarevwnderful : )

Becky said...

I love dots too! When I went fabric shopping the other day, I purchased four new fabrics with dots in them :) Your quilt is so cute!

Michelle said...

The quilting design is just perfect for the dots! :-)

"Going to go round in circles; gonna fly high like a bird up in the sky...."

Christine M said...

Your quilting is looking great Elizabeth. I've sewn the first four quarter circles together. Only how many to go!

Needled Mom said...

I really like the different sized circles. It will make a wonderful gift. The dots are wonderful.

whimsyfox said...

This quilt is so fabulous!

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

It really looks great!

Paulette said...

Love the circle quilting, Elizabeth! I think quilting all those spirals might drive me a little "dotty," but you are doing a fabulous job!

Lane said...

Great work. Those circles would be very difficult to keep accurate and repeat. Loving that pattern. Lane

Vicki said...

Cute circle quilting!