Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Polka-Dot Quilt at A Snail's Pace

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.
–Unknown

I really wanted to have a whole quilt to show off today. I'm not quite done with the quilting, so instead, you get a tiny sneak peek of the swirlies I'm doing in between all the circles.

I ♥ polka-dots. The first polka-dot quilt is a gift for a special aunt {I may have mentioned this already}. And I'm making one to keep at Bug Cottage for snuggling up under while reading or watching TV. I've got half the quarter-circle blocks sewn together, and I'm determined to finish this quilt before I get distracted by anything else. I kind of have to because I've embroidered “March 2012” into the quilt label. Nothing like a deadline to keep you motivated.

6 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looking great so far. Deadlines help to get things done faster too. I keep making deadlines too to help the process.

Teresa in Music City said...

That's one way to make sure you keep at it and get it done in time! I love polka dots - can't wait to see the reveal!!!

Cherie said...

Love the sneak peak. Can't wait to see the big reveal =D

Angie said...

Looking good! Those swirls are great!

Jennifer Lovell said...

Your little teaser has intrigued me...I can't wait to see the rest!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Love it so far Elizabeth !! Happy Leap Year Day !

Karen