Monday, June 14, 2010

Grasshopper's Red, Yellow and Blue Quilt

This is my cutie Grasshopper when he was two.
He has always been all boy and on-the-go. When we moved him from the nursery to a new room, I wanted his decor to be something out of the pages of a magazine. I'm not sure I hit the mark, but I ordered the border around the walls out of a magazine, so I hope I came close. Eventually we got him a nice headboard and footboard with matching dresser and nightstand. But to start, I put together this simple patchwork quilt made from old jeans. I used trigger in red, yellow and blue, because I wanted something heavy to match the weight of the denim. It turns out that it was too heavy, though, and Grasshopper doesn't use this quilt much. It mostly sits in a heap next to his bed. Someday I'll make him a new quilt -- only in blue (he's decided that unless it is blue, it isn't a color) and this will become a picnic quilt. It is a really nice weight for it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! Grasshopper is darn cute too. :-) Glad the quilt can move on to a new life as a picnic quilt.

Jennifer Lovell said...

I do like the colors and the simple pattern of that quilt. The room with the border is indeed magazine-like, I like it!

What a CUTE boy, at two years old--a very fun flashback. I can't believe our big boys were once so small.