Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Must Ask . . . What is Your Favorite Color?

Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment. –Claude Monet

Today is National Pink Day. How about that? A whole day to celebrate everything pink! Pink is an awesome color. It is bright and cheerful and full of beauty. I like pink. A lot. My iPod is pink, I have lots of pink flowers growing in my gardens, and even my house is pink. When I was a kid, I wanted my room painted pink — really pink, and not the palest shade of pink conceivable that I ended up with.

And then I started to like blue. Blue is a really awesome color and it comes in such a range.

But what about red? Red is really striking and looks good on nearly everyone.

Then there is yellow, so sunny and cheerful.

And orange. Orange is completely underrated. It really brightens up a flower garden and looks beautiful in a quilt.

You can't leave out green. I love green in all its varieties. Someday I'm going to paint my kitchen the most mellow and serene, almost-neutral shade of mossy green. It will be awesome.

Color really brightens our world. I used to think I had a single favorite color, but honestly, I like them all. Even the quiet ones, like brown and grey. Each one does their part. Today, I must ask . . . what is your favorite color? Can you pick just one? Tell me why it is your favorite.

{The Rainbow Square}

Thanks to everyone who left a comment or weighed on on the poll about high school reunions last week! I'm still thinking about whether or not I'll go, but I really appreciate everyone's input.

9 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Wow I was just the second person to vote! Love purple:
I look good in purple
I feel good in purple
Purple is powerful!!
Purple is regal.

Cheers

Linda
Taupo New Zealand

Shay said...

I love red. It's a colour that just screams for attention ( a bit like me ) and always makes me feel great where ever I see it. Im not really a pretty pink kind of girl but I must confess to liking pink in my quilts!

Unknown said...

I really like your mosiac - I had fun trying to figure out what everything was! For many years my favorite color was blue, not to wear, but to decorate with. Now I am not sure. I love to sew with bright colors, but tend to wear more neutral colors. I decorate with colors that would fall in the French Country theme. Hmm...this is a good question, I will have to think on it some!

Jocelyn said...

You are right color does really brighten our world. But I am a pinkaholic. With blue a running a close second :-) Why? Do you need a reason to be a Pinkaholic??? It's PINK!

Michelle said...

I've learned that all colors have their place. I lean toward the jewel tones. I'd have to say that purple is probably my favorite though. I just enjoy looking at it. Turquoise is a close 2nd. Not only do I enjoy looking at it, it looks good on me. :-)

Paulette said...

I'm so glad you had a poll choice for "all of them"!

mom said...

I have always and still do love red and blue. but I love the green color I painted my sewing room!

Angie said...

I am a fan of all colors really. I used to thing there were colors I didn't like but now that I quilt I love them all and think you need them all. I'm not really a pink girl but that is probably because I am not very 'girly'. But to answer your question...RED!!! ;)

Jill said...

I love PURPLE. It was my favorite for a long time. Then I wore a red shirt, and I changed. But recently, I remembered that I love purple, and I picked a purple souvenier shirt from our recent vacation down south.
Except when I worked at Lagoon. Then my fav. was YELLOW because Area 3 is yellow. (or was)...