Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cat's Twilight Block of the Month: Block 1


Cat's Twilight Block of the Month is really exciting. I've seen her layouts, both for the beginner's quilt and the advanced. I even got to test a few of the advanced patterns for her. I consider that quite an honor. I will be using nearly all of her advanced patterns in my own Twilight Quilt, so I will have those blocks to show each month, but I won't be assembling them in her layout. So, I thought that I would follow along with the beginner's blocks and put together a little sampler. I've decided to do them at 3" instead of 5" (I reduced the pattern to 60%) and I'm going to use my favorite shimmery and sparkly fabrics for this little sampler.

Here's my little apple, beginner's block #1. It was fun and quick to put together. I used the very sparkly Hollyberry Fairy Frost for the apple.


And this is my advanced block #1 done at 6" (enlarged the pattern to 120%). I've had it done for quite a while, waiting to go in my Twilight quilt, but since it's the block of the month . . . any occasion to do a bit of sew-and-tell, right?

5 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

amazing pattern, and amazing job at creating it. I'm a fan : ).

Kris and Kim @ theDIYdish said...

Hi Elizabeth! We just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the nice comments you left on our site this week. We are so excited about the new webshow and appreciate your support very much! It was fun to come across your blog and see all the great things you are doing! We LOVE the fact that you took an idea your lil' Ladybug shared about wanting a HighSchool Musical Quilt and you ran with it! What an awesome mom you are! That is so neat that she was able to draw up some things for you and help in that creative process. We're sure this is something you learned as a child in having such a supportive mother in your endeavors. And this new Twilight quilt is sure to be a hit! How fun!! Again, thank you for taking the time to visit us and we hope you have a wonderful weekend! -Kris and Kim

whimsyfox said...

Elizabeth, love it!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the sparkly fabrics. i want to do both blocks as well; i've added them to my list lol

Michelle Vandepol said...

super amazing -- a piece of art!