Monday, February 8, 2010

Laments of a Quilter's Husband

My Wife, The Quilter

She learned to quilt on Monday. Her stitches were very fine.
She forgot to thaw out dinner, So we went out to dine.

She quilted miniatures Tuesday. She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely, But she forgot to dust.

On Wednesday, it was a sampler. She says the stipplin's fun.
What highlights! Oh what shadows! But the laundry wasn't done.

Her charm quilt was on Thursday, Green patches, blue and red.
I guess she really was engrossed; She never made the bed.

It was wall hangings on Friday, In colors she adores,
But she never seemed to notice: The crumbs on all the floors.

I found a maid on Saturday! My week is now complete.
My wife can quilt the hours away; The house will still be neat.

Well, it's already Sunday. I think I'm about to wilt.
I cursed, I raved, I ranted -- The MAID has learned to Quilt!!
-Author Unknown)

No comments: