Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along: In the Pink

All men are tempted. There is no man that lives that can't be broken down, provided it is the right temptation, put in the right spot.
-Henry Ward Beecher, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit, 1887


Blog browsing is dangerous. Especially when you haven't slept well the night before. I resisted for as long as I could. But I found one of those projects that just spoke to me and my resolve crumbled after about 12.2 seconds. I joined the p.s. i quilt: pinwheel sampler quilt along. I love Pinwheels and Rachel's sampler looks like so much fun!

I have so many projects going. And I kind of made a rule for myself that I wouldn't start anything new until I finish my Twilight quilt. I looked at Rachel's post and her quilt and imagined different color schemes for it, considering a rainbow of possibilities, including a red, white and black combination. But when I remembered this FQ in my stash, I decided that I had to do the quilt in a pink, brown and ivory color palette. This great calico is In the Pink 2 designed by Buggy Barn for Henry Glass & Co. Do I sound like an ad? Well, I love this fabric. I picked up the pink fat quarter and had to have it. I've already been browsing the shops on-line and have found some more for the back of my quilt at a really good sale price (have I mentioned that I love to find a great deal?)


When I bought the pink, it looked vaguely familiar, like an old friend. I got it home and discovered that I'd previously bought a yard of the coordinate in brown.


Upon deciding to join the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along (just this morning), I pulled the Buggy Barn fabrics from my stash. They were slated for use in another project, but that project won't miss them at all. I also pulled a couple of other pinks and browns; Lakehouse Dots, a Robert Kaufman and a Calico from, dare I say it?, JoAnn's.


I'm so looking forward to this quilt! Thanks, Rachel!

2 comments:

coley said...

can't wait to see it!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the fabrics. pink and brown are one of my fav color combos