Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cat's Twilight Block of the Month: Block 2

Cat's Twilight Mystery Quilt blocks for month two (posted waaaay back on March 6) are a representation of Charlie.


This is my beginner's block, done at 3" (reduced the pattern to 60%). I'm going to put the beginner's blocks in a little wall-hanging. I'm using my most favorite sparkly and shiny fabrics for it. Here I used Yellow Fairy Frost, but the scan of this block makes it hard to see how shiny it really is.

Here is Cat's Advanced design for her Block of the Month quilt. She used the City of Forks official emblem in her design. Check it out here.

My advanced block is a variation of the block for this month, designed specifically for my own Twilight quilt. It is 4" x 6" and is designed to look like Charlie's badge. You can read more about it here.

I'm just sneaking in under the wire with these blocks. The next set of patterns are due out on the first weekend of April, which is a couple of days from now. I'm hoping that I posted pictures of them at Twilight Crafts soon enough to be included in the Round Up of this month's blocks. it was really fun to go there and see my last month's blocks in with all the other really cool blocks.

1 comment:

Gigi's Thimble said...

Great Twilight blocks. Your police badge block is amazing. Did you make that up?!? Great job! We just watched Twilight the other day for the second time. I still haven't seen New Moon, but I'm dying to! (I'm a little behind the times.:)