Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fancy Pillowcase Swap

To give and then not feel that one has given is the very best of all ways of giving. -Max Beerbohm

Remember all those fancy pillowcases I showed you? One of them was destined for a swap and the rest are going to be donated to the American Patchwork & Quilting 1-Million Pillowcase Challenge. I hadn't decided which pillowcase to send at the time I posted, but in the end, I went with this cute one. It was one of my favorites. I love the colors and the tea cups are so cute. It is on its way to a new home in Nebraska.

And this beauty came all the way from Canada from my swap parter.

I really like it! The fabrics are really nice quality and I love how the prints go together. The construction is fabulous. She used french seams to hide the raw edges. But I'm still going to include it with my donation to the 1-Million Pillowcase challenge, because it doesn't match anything in my house. I am really thrilled, though, to be giving away something so nice. Whoever is the receiver of it will have a nice pillowcase that will last them a long time.

1 comment:

Shay said...

I'm still really impressed that you managed to make up that many pillow cases for the challenge. And they're so pretty! Several someones are going to sleep on those and have beautiful dreams because of your kindness.

I'm experiencing a severe case of I can't finish it-itis at the moment. I really need to focus on getting something done...just one thing. Anything!