Friday, July 29, 2011

Favourite Things Friday: Going to the Movies

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. –Alfred Hitchcock

I love going to the movies. There's just something about seeing it on the big screen, don't you think? Watching a movie on TV is fun. But going to the movie theater where the smell of popcorn is always tempting even if you've just eaten a really fantastic dinner you didn't have to cook is one of my favorite things in life. I love sitting in a comfy chair and holding hands with Mr. Bug in the dark with no distractions. I love being transported somewhere else and becoming someone else and forgetting about everything else for a little while. I love chic-flicks and action films and sci-fi; romantic comedies, musicals, animated and family films, fantasy, adventure, drama, western, religious, thriller and I even like books-that-are-made-into-movies movies. About the only kind of movie I don't like is horror. I think my absolute favorite thing about going to the movies is when the trailers are so awesome that I forget what I came to see and it is a surprise as the opening credits unfold. Yes, I love going to the movies.

Today's post brought to you by:

5 comments:

Shay said...

I used to love the movies too but they're so expensive here we dont go very often . Must say I do love movie popcorn. It just tastes so much better (probably all the chemicals!)

Fabulous favourite Elizabeth!

Dianne Neale said...

Oh it's so long since I've been to the pictures (English for Movies!). Over here in Czech, lost of the films are dubbed, so it's quite difficult. You are right, there is something special, larger than life.

Paulette said...

Me too, love the movies. I am the same re horror flicks...no thanks. Great FTF post!

Angie said...

There are always so many commercials any more, I almost always forget what we came to see, then it's like a surprise and I think 'oh yeah, I wanted to see this!'...we NEVER go to the movies anymore (too expensive to take 7 people) but I talked a friend of mine into watching the herd and we had a marathon day a couple weeks ago. It was fun!

seabreezequilts said...

I love the movies too, but always go when we can get a discount as Shay says its expensive here.