Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. –Ecclesiastes 9:11

I took the Little Bugs to Lagoon on Monday. I have kind of a soft spot for Lagoon and I've decided that I know what my dream job is. Landscaping. At an amusement park.

We had a really awesome time. I've been trying to get my photos together for two days so I can show you all about it, but it just isn't coming together. I woke up with a migraine on Tuesday morning. It was pretty much all I could do to scrape myself together, take the Little Bugs to swimming lessons and then fall back to bed when we got home. Eventually the pain relievers kicked in and I drug my sorry hide to work, got a few things done and then brought home the most nutritious meal I could find on the McDonald's menu. After dinner I tried to get my photos edited, but I ended up spending the evening browsing the interwebs. The post-migraine jitters made sleep impossible and I was up way past my bedtime {closer to time to get up, really}, and today I'm migraine hung-over. It has put a serious crimp in my style and my fondest desire is to lounge on the couch and watch new episodes of the summer crime scene investigator shows. Without working on a project while I do it. So not me.

I'm hoping that I'll be back to my old self soon because I'm nine seams away from being ready to baste my Pinwheel Sampler quilt and start quilting on it. I'm really looking forward to that; machine quilting is much more fun than I originally thought. Perhaps I'll see if some chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and crushed Oreos on top will help me feel at least like working on some embroidery while I watch my shows. Ice cream always makes you feel better. If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to drop by! There's plenty to go around and I'll even let you hold the remote.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I'll pass on the icecream but I'll accept the invitation to visit.I suspect your migraine will be well gone by the time I rock up!

Save me some Oreo's...(uncrushed please)

Hope you feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Sure sorry about the migraine. They are the worst! Feel better soon.