Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A to Z and All About Me

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer. –Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

I love to get to know other bloggers and what makes them tick. I like to spend my time reading blogs that are inhabited by people. I saw this meme around the blogosphere and thought it was fun. You can play along too. Just copy and paste, changing the answers to fit you.

Age: Do you want to know the age I am or the age I feel like I am?
Bed size: King size.
Chore that you hate: Bathrooms. Definitely bathrooms.
Dogs: I love to pull their ears. OK, so I don't really pull their ears, but I always have to pet them because that's the softest part.
Essential start to your day: A shower.
Favorite color: Do I have to pick just one?
Gold or Silver: Both. I love to mix my metals.
Height: 5'4⅜", but if somebody had asked me how tall I wanted to be, I would have said “5'8", minimum.”
Instruments you play: I used to play the piano, but never really well, mind you. I haven't played since LadyBug was a baby, so I'm pretty sure Chopsticks is about all I could manage.
Job title: Trophy Wife. Just kidding. Financial Resource Assistant Manager {a.k.a. Accounts Receivable}. But most importantly, Mom.
Kids: Grasshopper—11 and LadyBug—9.
Live: In a house with pink brick and a yard almost entirely landscaped by me.
Mother’s name: Mom. Oh, you meant her real name. Peggy.
Nicknames: So not telling.
Overnight hospital stays: Three; two c-sections and a cholecystectomy with bonus hernia repair.
Pet peeve: People who ride my bumper in an effort to make me drive faster. If they thought I was driving too slowly before, they'll really be grumpy as I slow down in increments of 5 mph until they back off. Also, people who paint brick houses. What's up with that?
Quote from a movie: Again, do I have to pick just one?
Inigo: “Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?”
Fezzik: “If there are, we all be dead.”
Vezzini: “No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
Fezzik: “Anybody want a peanut?”
The Princess Bride
{OK, so that's the abbreviated version, but do you really want me to quote the whole movie?}
Also, “It's not us, Dad. It's Roy.” Overboard
Right or left handed: Right.
Siblings: The oldest of six; three sisters and two brothers.
Time you wake up: When I have to.
Underwear: Yes.  Under there.
Vegetable you hate: If I have to narrow it down to just one, I'll pick iceberg lettuce. I mean, you might as well eat grass. It is just as hard to digest and contains about as much nutrients.
What makes you run late: Everything, but mostly stopping to look at the computer instead of getting ready and having to remind the Little Bugs of every. single. thing. they need to do to get out the door.
X-Rays you’ve had: teeth and jaw bones, and feet.
Yummy food that you make: Visit my recipes here.
Zoo animal: Giraffes. I love that their tongues are 7" long and blue to keep from getting sunburned. Also, they're tall.

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Interesting! I may borrow this meme.

Shay said...

I feel like I know you so much better!

I like Polar Bears and pretty much hate all vegetables.

Thanks for taking us on a trip to get to know Elizabeth. I really enjoyed seeing more of you!

Michelle said...

What fun! :-)