Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Twilight Quilt: Eclipse Book Cover

The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse. –Jacob Black, Eclipse, page 600

Part of my contribution to the Stephenie Meyer quilt was the Eclipse section in the medallion. I wanted a representation of each of the four book covers in my own quilt. I used a washable polyester ribbon from JoAnn's for this block. Using the same technique as I did for the Stephenie Meyer quilt, I used the scissors to cut away the selvage edge a few inches into the ribbon, and then pulled the cross fibers out about an inch down. Then I snipped away the remaining fibers, using the book cover as model for how much to snip away and what to leave. Then I pinned the ribbon in place, again using the book as my guide, and sewed the edges down.

No comments: