Friday, May 20, 2011

Favourite Things Friday: Pretty, New Shoes

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling alley.
–Unknown

A while ago, I showed you my shoes for Favourite Things Friday. This is a follow-up post of sorts, as I've acquired a few new pairs that I want to show off. I love this first pair. They are {entirely man-made} grey felted wool. The flowers on the toes are a little bit 50's and the ½" platform, 4" heel and slingback are very modern. I love wearing these and have almost entirely abandoned my favorite Dorothy shoes when I need something in grey.

{Grey (faux) Felted Wool Slingbacks, 4" Heel, ½" Platform}

I realized that my shoe wardrobe is fairly bland, consisting of mostly brown, black and grey shoes. I wanted something with a little personality, so I set out on a quest for some pretty yellow shoes to wear on Easter Sunday. You would think that it would be fairly easy to find some shoes with a little color in them since it is spring, but I realized why my shoe wardrobe is so boring. They only sell brown, black and grey shoes in the shoe stores. OK, you can find white, nude and red, but for the most part all the shoes are neutral. Of course, you can find shoes in any color on-line, but I decided to buy new shoes the day before I wanted to wear them, so on-line shopping was out. I went to five different shoe stores before I finally found these little cuties. The only other pair I saw in yellow had a 6" heel and a 2" platform — a little out of my comfort zone. I didn't even try them on.
{Yellow Sandals, 2½" Heel}

While I was looking for my yellow shoes, I happened upon this pair of cute little zippered pumps. They were on sale and on top of that, the store was having a buy-one-get-one-50% off, so I snapped these right up. The total {including tax} for the yellow sandals and this pair was $30.23. Have I mentioned that I love a good deal?
{Round Toed Pumps with Zipper, 2¾" Heel}

And these little beauties are my new favorite pair. They were the first pair of shoes I tried on in my quest for yellow shoes because the store had nothing yellow and I couldn't not try anything on. But in the interest of frugalness and holding out for a yellow pair, I passed them over. And then I dreamed of them for a week and went back and got them. I was so relieved to find them still there, because my size always seems to be the smallest section with the poorest selection in the shoe store. They are {man-made} white patent leather, but the finish is cracked and so it has kind of an iridescent sheen to it. I absolutely love them. These are my tallest pair of shoes, putting me within a half-inch of Mr. Bug. The platform is 1" and the heel is 4½". The best part? They were only $20.
{White Cracked Patent Leather Heels, 4½" Heel, 1" Platform}

And I have to ask, whose white platforms are prettier?
HQ Version


Today's post brought to you by:

11 comments:

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh pretty shoes! I love shoes -sigh- I actually promised myself a pair of kick-ass heels when I lose some weight.

thea said...

Love the shoes .. my shoe wardrobe is really bland ..

QuiltNut Creations said...

L-O-V-E the grey shoes!! shoes are the best. I love shoes. a friend of mine, her hubby bought her shoes for Mother's Day; how awesome is that?

Unknown said...

I love all of your shoes. I think the yellow are my favorite. They look like shoes that would be fun to wear.

When I was younger, I owned about 60 pair of shoes! I now have about 6 pair and 4 of them are Birkenstocks! My daughter now has my love affair of shoes!

Your white shoes are cute, but Pee Wee Herman rocks his shoes!

Paulette said...

Oh, my goodness! Cute, cute, cute, and cute! I love your taste in shoes. Those white platforms are amazing. I have no use for heels myself (in them I would be 6'7"), but I will live vicariously through you!

Marg said...

Love your shoes. it's nice to have a bright pair to wear. I sometimes buy brighter colour shoes, but then rarely wear them, except for red ones, I love red shoes!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Love the gray ones. Love love them! And I think my sister has those zipper shoes in a lighter tan. Good taste you've got there!

Mistea said...

Those grey felt ones look adorable.
Shoes sure are fun but I tend to stick to black, red or brown. I no longer know how to wear anything with a heel!
Enjoy your pretty yellow shoes.

Shay said...

Nobody could possibly love this post as much as me - the self confessed shoe-a-holic of Blogland.

Love every single pair ...and it's even better when they're a bargaing.

Thanks for showing me some pretty summery shoes. My feet are wrapped up in boots pretty much all day every day at this point.

Jill said...

Awesome shoes!
I got a gift card for Christmas to buy shoes, and I'm going to spend it next weekend. Your post got me thinking about my shoes. I have one pair of brown shoes (flats) and 4 pairs of black shoes (two 1/2 inch heels and two 2 inch heels--no platforms). I have a single pair of white sandals and the white shoes with little beads on them that I wore at our wedding (1 inch heel). Perhaps I should look into some color? But then, there's the whole, I may need a new pair of PRACTICAL shoes to wear, not just dressy shoes. SO, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Pee Wee rocks the platforms, but if I had my choice, I'd probably pick yours.

The Shoeologist said...

Cute!! I love the yellow ones, so fun!

xox