Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tweet Tweet Complete

Once you accept the fact that you're not perfect, then you develop some confidence. –Rosalynn Carter

I put the last stitch in it Thursday night and threw it in the washer before I went to bed. Tweet Tweet is finally finished!

Here's the embroidered tag, which I seem to have decided is the way to go for labeling a quilt even though it takes a while. You can see by the date on the tag, that I'd intended to have this quilt finished at least three weeks ago. But it just didn't come together and there was a lot of unpicking involved in getting this quilt done.

I branched out a bit in the quilting {right click for a closer view}. I'm a novice machine quilter and only have a few things under my belt, like the meander. I've done feathers before and love them, so I had to do them on this quilt. The swirls are something new for me. I loved doing the small swirls in the brown sashing so much that I did them in the bigger sashing and all the way around the outer borders.

And here's a shot of the whole quilt {right click for a closer view}. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this quilt. I'd intended it for a baby gift, but when I found out that the baby was already getting three quilts from family members, I decided to do something else. I'm not sure if I'll save it for a baby gift another time or donate it to the NICU or another charity. In any case, it is good to be done.

Today's post brought to you by:

Amy's Creative Side My 2011 Finishes

13 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

it's fantastic, congrats on the finish! I absolutely love the swirls

Siobhan said...

Hi, its gorgeous. The different stitching is great. Love it :)

Barb said...

Your quilt turned out wonderfully!

Shay said...

It's lovely Elizabeth. I like the swirls and the overall quilt looks fantastic. The best decision you made was going with the brown strips.

Whoever ends up with this beauty is very lucky!

Impera Magna said...

Lovely finish... congratulations!

stitchinpenny said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the boldness of the black sashing with all your bright fabrics.

Lonci said...

Beautiful quilt:)

Paulette said...

You did such a great job on the quilting, Elizabeth! I hope to be as brave with trying something besides stippling eventually.

quiltmom anna said...

I love your quilts Elizabeth- I really love this color combination. The design is simple but perfect with those luscious fabrics. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work. Some baby is going to be the lucky owner of this beautiful quilt.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment about the bargellos.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Amber said...

I think I want to be you. Really I do. Amazing work.

Leanne said...

This is a very nice quilt, love your quilting.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
I've been planning to do some charity work, for years, and this darn family, of mine, just keeps making babies.... But, I I do believe my latest WIP will be for charity.
Love the colors in this!

Vicki said...

It turned out so pretty, Elizabeth!