Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sabbath Songs: As Sisters in Zion

To be a righteous woman is a glorious thing in any age. To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman’s strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home — which is society’s basic and most noble institution. Other institutions in society may falter and even fail, but the righteous woman can help to save the home, which may be the last and only sanctuary some mortals know in the midst of storm and strife. –Spencer W. Kimball



On a personal note, it is with a heavy heart that I am released from my calling in the Primary Presidency today. Primary is the best place to be and I will miss it.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lovell said...

Sorry to hear you're moving on from one of your favorite callings. Were you in it a "usual" amount of time, and therefore released, or were you needed elsewhere? Well, I hope you like your next calling well enough, too. Best wishes.

Jennifer Lovell said...

P.S. I just read this quote in my quote book from you earlier today. I love my quote book. Thanks again!

Jill said...

I was really sad when I was released from the Primary, too. More than I thought I would be.

I love the arrangement for this song. They did a great job, and because they hold in different places than you normally sing it, it made me hear the words better (sometimes I'm listening but I don't really HEAR the words, you know?)

I also really love the conductor for the Women's Choir. She is so expressive. You don't see it as much in this clip, but I've watched her through other women's broadcasts, and she is awesome to watch--if you're the kind of person who likes to watch the conductor.... She *almost reminds me a little bit of Julie Andrews. Oh, if she would just take the discussions...