Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Twilight Quilt: Layout Take Two

I have really enjoyed being part of the Twilight Quilters Coven. We're a little group that started on TwilightMOMS in pursuit of Heather Laddick's Twilight Mystery Quilt. When a lull in the distribution of her instructions occurred, we started to exchange ideas and talk about ways to finish our quilts. I tried to stick with traditional piecing and use the blocks that I had completed from the Mystery Quilt. I drew up a layout, incorporating her ideas with ideas of my own as well as ideas from other members of our group. As more and more ideas were suggested, my Mystery Quilt began to expand, no longer fitting in the "lap quilt category." And so I had to draw up a new layout using all of the terrific ideas from the women in our group. I wanted to incorporate more details from each of the four Twilight Books. And so this the second layout for my Twilight Quilt. Click on the image for a larger view.

No comments: