Friday, March 4, 2011

Favourite Things Friday: Friday


I always give 100% at work:
13% Monday
22% Tuesday
26% Wednesday
35% Thursday
4% Friday

–Unknown


When you're a stay-at-home-mom, all days are pretty much the same. When friends commented that they were glad it was Friday, I vaguely remembered that feeling but no longer shared it. I used to love Fridays. It meant that there was a little break from school and work and responsibilities. And sometimes it even meant going out on a date. But after having kids and staying home with them for 11+ years, it didn't really matter one way or the other which day of the week it was, because moms don't really get a break on weekends.

Since I started working again, that old Friday Feeling has started to come back. I find myself unusually cheerful on Fridays. The work-day seems to go by faster than usual and by mid-afternoon I'm planning all the fun things I'm going to do when I get home.

This song by The Cure has always, always been one of my favorites and in honor of that wonderful day that it is I'm sharing with you. {Editor's Note: Sorry about the poor picture quality on the video. The embedding was disabled on the official video. <— That is a link to watch it on YouTube. The picture is a lot better quality and so is the sound.}



After an especially long week at work, I'm really going to enjoy my Friday. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get off work early and I'm looking forward to my Friday evening, which will definitely involve fabric. I might even ask Mr. Bug to go see a movie with me. And whatever you do with your Friday, I hope you enjoy it!


Today's post brought to you by:

11 comments:

Paulette said...

Yay, I love Fridays too--and that song. It still gets a lot of airplay here esp on Fridays. That reminded me, the radio station here that plays this song also plays one by The Gomers (a Madison WI band) every Friday. I used to hear it on my way to work Friday mornings and it always made me smile and put me in a good mood for the day. You can listen here: http://www.thedailypage.com/artists/song.php?song=2053

Jennifer Lovell said...

I just think their accents are sexy!

I have mixed feelings about Fridays, or weekends, rather. What am I going to do with my Friday? Enjoy my last day of the week with kid-free time and brace myself for the full-time family weekend. My mom-load seems heavier on weekends. Friday nights we relax and watch movies, though, which is fun. And hey, Friday is Smallville day! Yippee!

thea said...

I love Fridays too!

seabreezequilts said...

Must say I quite like Friday's too. But I like Tues and Thursdays more because I don't work those days and I usually have 6 hours to do with what I want (which doesn't always mean I do housework). But I remembered when I worked full time and Friday was the day.

Shay said...

Friday are my favourite day of the week too for all the reasons you just mentioned. Either it's one more day to the weekend or Im off for the day so it's all good.

I start planning for Friday on Wednesday!

Being a working Mum doing 5 days a week is the hardest job ever. At least I dont have little bugs at home to worry about come Friday night. I usually come home and collapse!


PS I am amazed nobody has done this post before for FTF. Go you!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

This is my first year as a stay at home mom with all of our kids in school. Friday's I'm usually cleaning and doing laundry so we can just enjoy the weekend!

I hope you have a great Friday and weekend - and that you have a chance to relax and maybe see a movie!

Larri said...

Great favourite and great song! I haven't heard that in years. :o) Hope your Friday was fabulous. Happy FTF! :o)

Barb said...

I do hope you enjoy your week-end.

Kirsten said...

Yep, Fridays are great, about a year ago I decided, to only work half days on Fridays..even greater now!!

Peggy said...

I love fridays too! not that we do much with them but collaps but it does mean a couple of days off from work! and I hardly ever cook on fridays but this week I mad waffles and bacon supper.and we layed around and watched tv. good song, I've never heard it before.

Angie said...

I have been working at home for a year now and have offically lost that 'Friday feeling', I miss it. ;)