Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In: The Official Report

The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum. –Frances E. Willard

I talked a little bit about what I worked on during Friday Night Sew-In in my Favourite Things Friday post. I started FNSI as soon as I got home from work yesterday afternoon. I got the binding on my Cosy Posies quilt and got it washed and dried and wrinkled and ready to give to a very special aunt.

I took a little break, had dinner with Mr. Bug and then got back to work. I pulled out a quilt top I've had finished since last July. It is made from the same fabric line as the Cozy Posies quilt {and Baby Frolic}, and it was so much fun to make. When Frolic came out last spring, I absolutely fell in love with it. And I bought my first Jelly Roll, along with a few coordinates. I used the Jelly Roll put together this quilt top {using this tutorial, which finally made a Jelly Roll make sense to me}, as well as a few other things. After finishing Cozy Posies, I decided it was time to finish Magic. I stayed up way too a bit late getting half of the straight line quilting finished. I'm happy with how it is coming out.

As today is National Quilting Day, I am going to ignore everything and everyone and quilt to my heart's content hope to squeeze in a little more quilting time.

Today's post brought to you by:

6 comments:

Angie said...

I love cross-hatching type quilting. It's looking great!

Shay said...

Love the quilting on this one Elizabeth. It looks fantastic. My you've been on fire lately with your quilting!

I think it's safe to say you've managed to balance the working Mom thing and your leisure time. Well done!

Unknown said...

Really, really cute!

Kerri said...

Wow! I love this quilt! I'm hoping you can teach me to free-motion quilt someday. It's the expense of having quilts machine quilted that keeps me out of fabric shops.

I love your stripes binding. Do you always cut your binding on the bias? How important is it really?

Anonymous said...

You made a lot of progress on quilting that quilt for FNSI. I'm liking the diagonal quilt lines.

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe all that you get done and in such beautiful fashion!