Thursday, March 17, 2011

Too Busy Quilting to Blog . . .

To quilt or not to quilt, that is the question. –Variation of Shakespeare

I'm humming right along with the Cozy Posies quilt. I'd planned to do an all-over loops and flowers meander, but yesterday as I was getting ready for work, I had a flash of inspiration. Feathers! Michelle, over at The Prairie Quilter was my inspiration. She started out her FMQ career with feathers and has done some really beautiful things with them, so I decided to do feathers in the strips of coins. I bought my thread yesterday afternoon and got it all pin basted last night before bed. I started quilting when I got home from work this afternoon {don't ask me what we had for dinner because then I'd have to tell you that I fed the Little Bugs Ramen noodles so I could have more quilting time}. I really like how it is coming out. I have four of the five strips finished and I'm dashing off to do the last one now and see how much of the border I can get done before bed.

Oh, and I'm doing Friday Night Sew-In again this month. I'm looking forward to it. I hope to finish the Cozy Posies up. I'm torn between two projects after that. I know I PROMISED that Mr. Bug's T-Shirt Quilt would be the next thing I work on, but I'm kind of loving the Frolic {and the feathers} and have another Frolic quilt top that has been begging me to finish it since last July. I guess I'll have to see what kind of a mood I'm in tomorrow.

Today's post brought to you by:



P.S. If you haven't already, check out my Civil War Fabrics giveaway.

10 comments:

Peggy said...

I love your feathers! You are getting soo good. the colors are so pretty. The civil war fabrics are cool and the give away is very generous, however I won't be entering.

QuiltNut Creations said...

I am so envious of your feathers! I just can't get the hang of them.

Shay said...

The feathers look fantastic!

Im doing sew in as well..have no idea of what Im doing yet which is incredibly slack since Im due to start in 20 minutes !

Barb said...

I so love what you are working on....

Angie said...

That looks GREAT!! I love quilting stripy quilts like that, just did one last week. ;)

Candace said...

It looks great. I love the fabrics and the quilting. I'll bet the boys enjoyed their Ramon noodles, DH enjoys them a lot.

Candace said...

PS I just discovered your blog and I'm LDS too. I keep my blog list in Google Reader and you'll go in my LDS folder. There are so many talented ladies in it. If you love legos you should come back to Orlando area, we now have Legoland Florida. I'm enjoying your blog.

Annelise said...

i am so in love with those fabrics! your quilting looks awesome, too :)

Linda in Calif. said...

The feathers are awesome. I need to practice some more on mine so that they look that nice.

Vicki said...

The feathers are gorgeous! I love that idea!