Monday, March 28, 2011

The Need for Speed or A 1970's Volkswagen Beetle vs. A Porsche 911 Turbo

Q: Why do blondes drive VW's? A: Because they can't spell Porsche.

You may or may not know that I have a soft spot for the Volkswagen Bug. So when this segement came on Top Gear, pitting a 1970{ish} Volkswagen Beetle {top speed: 80ish MPH} against a Porsche 911 Turbo {top speed: 196 MPH} in a drag race, it was with more than a little interest that I watched. It was awesome :biggrin:. And so I'm sharing.

I realize this is a 10-minute clip. But I think even the non-car enthusiast will get a kick out of it. So just watch it. You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh my stars... *LOL* ...too funny!

*copy link*

*send*

Shay said...

That was good. I cant believe the stunts those guys get up to !

Jill said...

I was holding my breath the whole time the Beetle was falling. I didn't really want it to impact the ground. I can't believe he smashed it.
What fun to be able to go out in the middle of no where and just drive really fast!! If we all had money to burn like that.